Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Saturday, August 30, 2008

First week and stuff

I have a couple minutes before I head off to the Temple to do my Bridal Attending . . .YAY!! I thought I would give a quick update on things.

My computer . . . well, Nate got it up and running long enough to do a complete backup so all my pictures and everything important is now saved. That made me fell A MILLION times better! And I was all excited that he got my computer working. Well, as soon as he finished backing up everything, it died again. It's not even two years old!! But eveyrone says, avoid Dell computers! maybe I'll actually listen this time!

Makayla finished her first week of school with flying colors! At her school they have a Red, Yellow & Green . . . uh . . . honor roll of sorts. Everyday, each student starts out with a Green slip - meaning they are good. Makayla has gotten 5 this week! Yay! But, lets be honest, she does have the Swint gene in her (and the Wright and the Taylor, and the Marley!) so with those powers combined, she's a bit of a chatterbox, and on Wednesday, she did get moved from a Green to a Yellow, cuz she was talking over the teacher. Can you believe it!?! ;-) Those were the only tears shed this week at school, she didn't even cry when I dropped her off her first, second or any other day. She is loving school. On Friday morning we got a moment of "I don't want to go to school," through her tired voice, but Nathan told her the magic of Fridays . . . and that there is no more school for Saturday and Sunday. That, plus her favorite outfit, made her just as excited as her first day. Poor kid, the next LIFETIME of school is going to be long! :-)

We are having her birthday party (and mine . . . sorta) on Monday! 3:00. You're all welcome! It'll be here at my house, and it's supposed to be a beautiful day. Not too hot! YAY! I'm so ready for not soo hot. I will officially be moving in to my 30's age group (after all, 30 is just the finalization of your 20's, but 31 . . . that's into it!). Makayla's official birthday isn't until September 7th, but Labor Day is always a good day to do a party, besides, Gramma Peg works Tuesday thru Saturday @ the temple, so it's pretty much our only option to at least have all the Gparents there.

Okay, i gotta run now and get ready. I have 1 minute before I told myself time was up, and I had to get in the shower! Ugh! Mornings! I'm sure I'll write more later!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

So Fun! Cute sunglasses! Tell her I love her!

Nikki said...

How cute. I can't believe she is in Kindergarten. They grow up so fast. It's fun to get to see you guys on the BLOG now. Check ours out if you haven't already.

Tanner and Kristin said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you found us! Makayla is adorable! Are you still in Vegas? It's been way too long...

Ber said...

She's so cute! Too bad we don't live closer because Allie started Kindergarten too!
You shouldn't fight what must come to pass...reading the Twilight series! They're addictive to say the least :)

Jacob and Emily said...

Buy a MAC!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging...It's the best. I can't believe Mackayla is already in school. Time flies. Britt is preggers (due sometime in April) Ty is doing great, working hard, Nat is pretty much back with her mom and Aja, well Aja delivered her baby at 18 weeks, obviously it was considered a "stillborn miscarriage" It was a little girl. She and Ryan are still struggling, I think they're moving to Idaho, and she is recovering. She lost her on 8/22 @ 9:15 AM...so sad...we're doing great other than that sad news...Love to you all:))