Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Long time no . . . see?

Ok, so it's been a really long time and a lot happens in a year, but i will make it short and sweet with an update on all of us and some pictures to enjoy. We are still here, in Las Vegas (at least for the time being). We are trying to get out of Vegas but still don't have a job ANYWHERE to go to. Nathan is staying busy with side work. He did get a job for a bit but the company was crappy and the bosses were C R A Z Y! So he stood it as long as he could, then couldn't stand it anymore. :-) He is much happier doing side work and he keeps getting a lot of it so it's keeping us a float here. He is still the YM President in our ward and enjoys that very much. He's a good president and loves the boys and being able to be involved. His girls ABSOLUTELY love him, all three of us. He is a wonderful husband and an amazing father and we love him for how hard he works and sacrafices for us. Me, I'm still the same ole crazy Shannon I have always been. I have been diagnosed with a disease called Hashimoto's, but don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds. All it means is my thyroid is dead. I have HypOthyroidism. That is opposite of what most of you think I have. I should have weighed 400 lbs and had a much harder time getting out of bed (than I do ;-) ). They warned me that once I got on the medicine, I would lose weight, but actually the opposite has happened (I've always been a bit backwards) I was able to put on some lbs that I had been trying to for a long time! And I really have much more energy that I have had in a LONG time! It's pretty great! I still sing with The Saints Unified Voices and love every minute of that! I am so uplifted when we do presentations that I don't want to come home to "normal" world. I am also still in the Young Womens Presidency and get to work with some amazing Women and Young Women! I spend my days at home with Chyler everyday and I love it! She is getting so big and fun it's just a great time all around.
Makayla is the same funny girl she has always been! She just keeps getting smarter and smarter everyday! We're not huge fans of her 2nd grade teacher (which after having an AMAZING 1st grade teacher is a real disappointment). But inspite of all that, she is working very hard at school and knows so much it kills me the things that come out of her mouth everyday. She is so animated and funny, she keeps us laughing. She also ADORES her little sister, who in turn thinks Makayla is the greatest thing on the planet. Chyler calls her Sissy and you can hear her running around the house calling for her "Sissy" at any given moment during the day. I LOVE it!
Chyler, oh my Chyler! She is so funny, so strong willed and so into her own things its fun. She and Makayla are very different but in a great way and we love her so much! Everyday is an adventure with our Bug. She is so cuddly when she wants to be but when she's doing her own thing, dont bug her! I absolutely adore this little girl and am so grateful that I am able to be home with her and enjoy her while Makayla is at school. We have fun.
I had to share this picture because this is what happens when you leave your 7 year old, unattended with a sleeping 1 year old. Those are Cinnabon cereal swirls stuck to Chyler's face. We all got a good laugh out of it, especially Makayla. Her favorite subject in school is art, so she is just letting her creativity flow wherever it can. :-)
So, for our final bit of info on the Taylor clan, we are expecting family member number 5. That's right, we are pregnant again and having a baby in October. And, what I am almost positive about, is Nate's little boy, finally. He's been feeling a bit out numbered with three girls to him. We don't know it's a boy for sure yet, and as soon as I do, I hope to let you all know.


Well, thanks for catching up with us, and hopefully now that I am feeling better, i might actually start updating our blog again. Till then . . .

5 comments:

...You May Say I'm A Dreamer said...

Love the Cinnebon Swirls, glad you're happy and congrats on the impending birth...yes, we'll think BLUE!!
Love ya'll TONS...
~Mary

Tanner and Kristin said...

So fun to read an update on your cute family! Congrats on baby #3. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

Moira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mara said...

Hey Shannon, if you just got a comment from an unknown party... that was me. Sorry!

I wanted to say congratulations on your news of baby number 3 and that I can't believe how big Makayla is getting.

Linds said...

it's good to read and update, i haven't read blogs in months! and congratulations! i'm sorry to hear about your medical problems, but glad that it seems it getting under control.