Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Makayla's new hair & 29 weeks

Here is my beautiful little almost-done-with-kindergarten Makayla MaQua. She has been begging me to let her cut and I have been saying no, no, no. Finally, it's gotten so hot that I have had to pull is back everyday - well, she hates having her hair done and I got tired of dealing with it, so I let her get her hair cut. We went over to Aunt Cole's and she did it. I thought I was going to die! But after a few cuts, I realized how cute it was going to be. I LOVE HER HAIR!!! And more importantly, she LOVES her hair! Nathan measured a piece that we cut, it was almost 12 inches long! I love her hair long cuz I can braid it, and curl it, and pony tail it (that is all when she would let me of course). But now, we just have to brush and go. Well, round brush and go. But she's stinking cute!!! I love her!!
I'm now at 29 weeks! And the best news is, as of today, May 27th, it has been 6 weeks since I last had to worship the porcelin god (aka, the toilet). THATS AMAZING!! I don't think I ever went a full week without throwing up when I was pregnant with Makayla. I still have to take my medicine every night before I go to sleep, but as long as I do that, I don't get sick. Today, I do feel a little yucky, and I have a couple of times over the past several weeks, but I'm not throwing up! I have put on about 24 pounds finally, but the funny part about that is it has all been since about my 18th week, so 24 lbs in 11 weeks. If I keep going this way, I'll have put on almost 5o lbs before this baby is born! I put on a total of 55 lbs with Makayla (now I had lost 15 at the beginning of that pregnancy) but we'll see what happens here.
The think I have noticed that I didn't with Makayla is a lot of abdominal pain. The Dr. calls is round ligament stretching. I don't care what it's called, it hurts! I do have a belly band that I wear, and as long as I wear it (cuz I'm not so good at that) I can do a lot more. Nicole and I went to babies r us yesterday and I found a crib I LOVE and the bedding that I LOVE!! The crib we had for Makayla was passed down to Nathan's little brother Nick and is still in use so we're going to need to get a new one (it's okay, cuz Nate's mom bought Makayla's so we don't feel shafted really), but this way, hopefully we can get a new one. It's amazing how many new things they have for babies that they didn't have 6 years ago! I have also decided that there are plenty of things that I don't have a problem borrowing from family instead of buying new, but there are several things that we are going to need to still get new things of. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

az bayz said...

LOVE her hair! It is so cute on her, of course she is so cute anyway, it doesn't really matter what hair style she has!

Nikki said...

Cute hair. I love it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair...she looks so grown up! I'm so glad that you are doing well with this pregnancy. Sorry about the pains, that sucks:-(( Try to stay cool this summer. Love ya:~))