Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Funniest Story EVER!!!

Okay, for Christmas, Grandma Peg got Makayla her own phone. It's little, for a childs face, white with pink polka dots. Nate finally set it up the other day, and since then, everytime the phone rings, if HER phone rings it means it's for her. Well, not only does she now love to answer her phone, she also loves to call people. Mostly me. But, the other day we were sitting in her room with my friend Angela and Angela wanted Makayla to call her on her phone. So I told Makayla her number and as Angela sat in front of Makayla's closet, Makayla talked to her from the other side of the room. They were having a great conversation.
Here's the funny part of the story: after several minutes of conversation on the phone, Makayla subtly grabs a tissue from her tissue box and moves it to her face, we think she is wiping her nose or something, but then I finally notice her hand and it's constantly moving, suddenly she goes, "Angela, I can't hear you, we are having interference," and she hangs up the phone!!! She was using the tissue to simulate static so she could get off the phone!! The best part is she had a dead serious look on her face. I thought I was going to DIE!!! Angela and I were laughing so hard!! Where do kids come up with this funny stuff!!!!!!

4 comments:

az bayz said...

That is sooo great! Kids are just the best, they do the funniest things!

Jacob and Emily said...

OH I know where she gets this . . . HER MOM! She is hilarious! This is the funniest story EVER!

P.S. Why would a 5 year old need her own phone? Let me guess her number is 776-4533 (SPOILED)? hahaha still a funny story!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing ever! Hmmm....I wonder where she cameup with that idea??

Nikki said...

I'm so totally laughing my butt off right now my eyes are watering. Kids say the funniest things.