Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Thursday, October 23, 2008

SUV Choir

Ok, so for those of you who don't know, the SUV Choir is the Saints Unified Voices Choir that is directed by Glady Knight. Once a month (usually) we go to a city and do a musical fireside. It's absolutely amazing and I am soooo grateful and excited that I getto be a part of it. I've been in it for a little over a year now and I have made some amazing friends and grown so much!! How could you not when you are out doing missionary work?

Well, this past weekend we were in Seattle. LOVE IT THERE!! And for those of you who think it only ever rains in Seattle, here is a photo proving otherwise:

It was so beautiful! We started our Saturday out eating at this fanstastic little restaurant called The King Fish Cafe, compliments of Bryce - love you Bryce!! It was fantastic! Yummy food!! Our choir filled the whole restaurant!
Our Saturday prformaces were amazing! It's so amazing to be up there and to watch a change come over people in the audience. I really wish that I had gone on a mission! If it was half as good as this, it would have been well worth it! Well, there's always a couples mission when we're older. Anyway, the funniest, yes I said funniest, part about Saturday night, was when the stake president said, "Ya know, I don't say the word awesome very often, but this CD is great!" (He was talking about the One Voice CD that the choir put out 5 years ago) I thought i was ging to die of laughter!! Seriously the running joke the rest of the weekend. My friend Scott came Saturday evening and that was really good to see him. I'm very glad he came.

Sunday was even better! It started off with church at a Samoan ward. Those people sang so well and with so much energy & love that I didn't even want to sing and fight against what they were doing! Even though the whole service was in Samoan, I felt the spirit was so strong! The firesides were awesome! I wonder all the time how it can ever be better than the one that we do before, and yet, it's always amazing! Sunday, everyone was dead on! Gladys was more amazing than I think I have ever heard her! She totally about blew the roof off the building! The audience Sunday @ 8 was soooo energetic! Our soloists were awesome!! When Jay sang Via Dolorosa, I bawled like a baby! It is such an amazing song!

My choir family is absolutely awesome! We have so much fun together! I had spent this weekend getting to know a couple of people a little better. I had so much fun with my new friends Andy Mathusek and Michael Thomas. If you ever want to laugh uncontrollably, hang out with these two! They are in their own little world, but they will let anyone and everyone in who wants to come! Thanks guys for a great time! (Right to left - Andy, MT & Sprout aka Michael Goedel)


Then there is my dear, and amazing friend Leah! She makes everyone look beautiful! She had a line of people who wanted her to do their makeup - and she did it! She is so full of love and life and I totally look up to her. Leah, I love you always!! You're awesome! I also got to room with Rashida. She and I have been friend for about 6 years, and it was fun to be her roomie! (left to right Rashida, me and Leah)

If any of you ever have the chance to see it, don't pass it up!! You will get a renewal of faith and a testimony builder. I have been so blessed by this choir! It has strengthened my testimony every time I get to go.

4 comments:

az bayz said...

That is so great Shannon. I am so glad you get this opportunity! I am proud of you!! When are you all coming to sing in Phoenix????

Anonymous said...

Yay...you're a new generation Pip! What a great opportunity for you and I am so glad that you are taking full advantage of it. I promise that if I ever have the opportunity to come and hear you, I will...Love ya

Tanner and Kristin said...

How cool is that?!? You're so cute...I love your short hair!

Jen said...

I was SO sad to miss Seattle, but when I heard some people were not being allowed to go - I just had a feeling I needed to give up my seat. Plus it has been progressively harder to leave all my kids for the weekend... I will be SOOOO ready come January though!!! I forgot how much I relish a little 'alone' time to fill my cup... Missed you too - thanks for finding me!! :-)