Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Forgetting my age and paying the price!!

So remember when you were 21 and could stay up and out all night and barely be tired the next day? Remember how you grow up and start sleeping more and staying up all night less? Yeah, I apparently forgot that I was 31 on Sunday night and decided to pull an all nighter . . . ALL NIGHTER!! Needless to say, I was up from 7:30 Sunday morning until 5:00 Monday night. Within all that time, I was in full "go" mode . . . super energetic Sacrament service, followed by an emotional devotional and 2 all out, full energy firesides. It was after that that I decided to stay up chatting with friends all night. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast and some really good talks with new friends, but when the alarm went off at 4 am to get ready to get on the bus to head to the airport, suddenly my body went . . . "okay, time to sleep!" It was not good. I made it to the airport, with assistance from Andy, but then about passed out at the airport. Finally got on the plane home, and, well, I can't sleep on planes. I thought, hmm since I stayed up all night I should be able to sleep at least a little. WRONG!!! There were a couple of old ladies in front of us that were talking loudly the whole flight. There was turbulence on the flight as well, which i am SOOO not a fan of, but being as tired as i was, I was able to relax through it. Score 1 for staying up all night. Then I got home and still wasn't able to sleep. I was picking friends up from the airport, helping Nicole, and taking Makayla to the Doctor . It's now Sunday, a full week later, and I am still tired, plus I got a nasty cold and am still fighting that.
Please, someone remind me next time that I'm not 21 anymore!!

4 comments:

Ber said...

I hear ya girl! I can hardly wake up at 7am to take the kiddos to school and even then I push snooze twice every morning!! Where did my youth go?

Nicole said...

I thougth I did a great job of reminding you every time I saw you!

Anonymous said...

Now you know the "glamorous" life that your dad and I have/had in the airline industry! I'm glad that you had such a great trip and, hey, your body may scream 31,but as long as your heart is 21 you're doing O.K.!!
Love ya:-))

az bayz said...

I hear ya! But, hey you had a blast... that is worth it right there! Great memories I am sure!