Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Friday, January 30, 2009

Prgenancy, the good and the bad

So, I'm officially 12 weeks pregnant now. With that came the heart beat on Monday! YAY!! We were so excited to hear it and it is such a comforting sound! My two favorite things about being pregnant are hearing the heart beat and feeling the baby inside me. There is nothing at can be compared to it. For that reason I feel very bad for men. They can never feel that feeling. Not even the Pregnant "man," who is NOT a man - I don't care what anyone says. SHE still has all her girl parts except her boobs, FEMALE!! Anyway, I can't wait to start to feel the baby.
Okay, the bad :-P I am sooooo over being sick. Feeling like crap and being constipated is not my idea of a good time. Good news is that I am moving into my second trimester, so things should start to ease up a bit. I was sick with Makayla until after I delivered her, but it did get a bit more manageable once in my second trimester. So I'm keeping my hopes up.
Over all, I love being pregnant and we are sooo excited to have a new little life in our home. Makayla wants, needs, and deserves a sibling. I think she'll be a great big sister and am anxious to see her with the baby. She says she doesn't care if it's a boy or a girl, but would like a sister. She's cute!

4 comments:

Shimmy Mom said...

Morning sickness is definitely no fun. But I've heard that if you have morning sickness it means you'll have a healthier baby. I had morning sickness with 3 of my 4. Those three were healthy as could be. My second that didn't give me morning sickness, was born with neonatal-apnea and spent 12 days in NICU. So I see truth in it. Hopefully that can make the yuckiness easier to handle.

Congrats again. I'm so happy for you!!

loriallen said...

You look gorgeous in the wedding pis! Sorry about the blahs, though the babe will be worth it! Makayla turned out pretty darn cute, so it's gotta be worth it, right? Maybe all the yucks make cute pups! It's sweet to hear how excited you are to be pregnant! Especially considering you don't have the easiest ones:) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the "ailments" attached to the most blessed event possible...I know you had such a hard time with Mak and hope and pray that things are better with #2..You do make the most beautiful babies, can't wait to see this little bundle. Take care of yourself and YAY for you! You are an amazing woman and great mommy. I love ya, girly:-))

Melissa B said...

I sure hope the second trimester is better to you! I'm excited you finally got to hear the heartbeat! I go back on Feb 23rd for another ultrasound and by then should be about 14 1/2 weeks! So are you guys wanting a girl or a boy?