Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

8 years, 9 days, & 25 weeks!!

So today, April 29 my hubby and I have been married for 8 years and 9 days. It's been a rollercoaster ride (what marriage isn't?) but it's been good. For our 8th anniversary, we went to Disney Land (kinda easy to do when you have a best friend who lives in LA and annual passes). It was good times!
I didn't do many rides, okay all I did was the Jungle Cruise, which I have come to LOVE being pregnant. Makayla's favorite ride is Soaring over California in California Adventure. She is sooo cute! I wish I had gone on it with them. Nate and Garrettson took Mak on it, and at the end you fly over Disney Land, they said Makayla squealed and cheered and clapped causing everyone in the room to bust out laughing! They said it was so cute! Oh, David and Garrettson met us down there with Chase (Hayden was left at Noni's and it was Tommy's Dad's weekend).

Makayla and Chase had sooo much fun!! We took them over to Tom Sawyers Island, which is incredibly fun! Not if you don't like stairs, but it ireally is cool! You could spend several hours over there with little kids. I don't remember ever really going over there, but let me tell you , it is worth going just for the bathrooms! Okay, the bathrooms aren't that cool, but the hand dryers in there are! I'm not kidding they are not regular hand dryers, they are like something that you put your hands in and it blows the water off your hands like a car wash dryer. It's freaking cool! I made Nate, David and Garrettson all go in there just to experience it. Gosh, the things that amuse pregnant women! LOL

As for the 25 weeks, I am officially 25 weeks pregnant today! YAY!!!! I'm getting bigger and bigger (as you can tell in the above picture) and she is moving more and more all the time. I love it!! This is what makes pregnancy fun! I'm slowly hitting the point where I have the mild freak out about the baby coming out one way or the other, but i'll get over it soon! :-) I can't wait to meet this little girl, and Makayla keeps getting more excited! She will come give me hugs and then give a seperate hug to my belly and give kisses, on my belly button, to her "sissy." I can't wait to see them together!

5 comments:

az bayz said...

So fun! So glad you are feeling better this pregnancy! Love you Shannon and your cute family.

Nicole said...

I haven't been to Disneyland since I was little. I hope you feel really bad about going all the time without me!

Jacob and Emily said...

Can you just bottle up Makayla's cuteness and send it to me? I'll send it back when she's 13 and snotty. Good thing you guys got your money worth of those annual passes!

loriallen said...

Congratulations to your 8 years of marriage! That is awesome! I'm glad you had fun at Disneyland, even pregnant! Good for you! I bet Mak was adorable there.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I love Tom Sawyer's Island too...as many timew as we went to Dland, (and trustme, it was MANY) we never went over to the Island until we were older...the pic of Mak and Chase is toooooo CUTE!! I love those kidlets...Congrats on the 8 years+. We love Nate and think you are an awesome couple...