Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Impromptu Family Trip


On March 18, my brother David had a trip to California, which he decided to take his family with him. Hey, work pays for a hotel for 4 days - all you have to do is pay for DisneyLand Tickets and food? Sounds good to me!!
Well, Nathan, Makayla and I have annual passes to Disney Land so we decided to head down that weekend and join David and Garrettson's family. Jordan also decided to join us.

We thought since we were going to be there, we would see who else we could talk into going. We tried and tried to talk Dan & Danielle into it, but they had made plans with friends to go camping. I ask you, which is more fun, DisneyLand with the Family or camping with friends - my opinion is there's no question - anyway, they couldn't come. So we moved onto mom and dad. They jumped on it.
On Saturday March 21, we all met in Anaheim. Had a nice day out and got to see Cindee! YAY! Love seeing Cindee! and on Sunday, we headed of Disney Land. Now I have a theory, the sun is ALWAYS shining at Disney Land - ALWAYS! So when we woke up to rain, I still had faith.

Even after my parents got to DL and said it was pouring rain, I wasn't there yet, so the SUN IS ALWAYS SHINING AT DISNEY LAND!! Do you see my faith? Well, we finally get there, and guess what, the rain stopped and the sun came out!! YAY!! We had a great day of fun and family!

Now, being pregnant, DisneyLand isn't quite as fun, however, I did get to experience rides I have NEVER been on before - like Peter Pan, Snow White & Casey Jr's Train. The only other ride I did, was It's a Small World, which I've been on before, but they did just redo it. Was a fun day to be sure!! My dad, Nathan, Jordan, David and Thomas all took off to do the Big Kid rides, while the mothers stayed with the little kids and kept them entertained. One of the best parts of the day was when we all enjoyed lunch at the Blue Bayou. It was so nice and all the kids did really good.
And here I am waiting while the kids and Garrettson and Grandma were on Dumbo. I can't even do that ride when I'm not pregnant.
I wish Dan, Danielle, Jason and Stephanie could have been there too. Oh well, was a good time while it lasted! I love my family and had a blast spending time with them.

3 comments:

Shimmy Mom said...

So glad you got an impromtu vacation. It looks like everybody had a good time.
*hugs*

az bayz said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. Disneyland is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm so jealous of all you Swints!!