Our Girls

Our Girls
I love that they have each other

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Almost . . .

Yesterday was not such a fun day for me. I woke up with an ache in my right hip, which slowly turned into what I thought were braxton hicks contractions, but then those turned into something stronger and more painful. At noon, I finally layed down hoping that would stop them. Oh no, they just got stronger and closer together. By 3:30, I was having strong, hard contractions that were varying from 4 to 5 minutes apart. Please keep in mind that I am currently 6 weeks from my due date. 6 weeks is too early to start having contractions like these. By 430, they were 2-3 minutes apart and were bringing me to tears. At about 5ish, Nathan had called his mom and we'd called my mom and they both said, "go to the Hospital!" Well, i'm stubborn, because I don't want to go to the hospital until they won't send me home without a new, healthy baby in my arms, besides, I knew that as soon as we got to the hospital, the contractions would stop. So, I put it off and put Nathan off, and was just being stubborn, and at 5:46 last night, I had my last painful contraction. I still had a several braxton hicks contractions the rest of the night, but like I said, there was no more pain. Thank goodness, I need at least 3 to 4 more weeks before she can make an appearance without the Dr.'s being not happy.
See with Makayla, my water broke, I didn't have to worry about this whole contraction crap. And to be honest, I don't even remember what my contractions with her even felt like. I really only had them for about 3 hours before I got my epidural. So this whole contraction thing was not so fun. I don't like having to time them. But everyone says every pregnancy is different, so we'll see what happens. I go to the Dr. on Monday and I will tell him about my "exciting" adventures yesterday, and hopefully will have no more this weekend. I'm so excited to meet this little girl and am anxious to not be pregnant anymore, but NOT before she is healty enough to come out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! What a stinker she is...We'll keep you both in our prayers and hopefully that littleone will be more patient than the rest of us Swints!

loriallen said...

Everything is crazy with you!!!! That girl just knows what an awesome mommy she has and wantes to come to ya:) Dang! I hope that stops happening! Love ya girls!!